RE: Re: Room occupancy detection and door opening/closing - 1-wire or wireless solution?

Hi,

Standard security PIR's run off 12VDC.
They also usually have a dry (Voltage free) set of contacts that close
indicating movement.
So, the 12VDC on the CAT runs the PIR's and the relay switch contacts go to
the 1Wire I/O device (DS2407).
This is mounted on a small PCB in the bottom of the PIR where the outside
cabling comes in.
They are usually a TO92 package, so I guess you could even do away with the
PCB.

Speed wise, there is approximately a 1 second delay from entering the room
to the lights turning ON.

Regards,

Neil Wrightson.

_____