Re: Re: CurrentCost Vs Owl

You can buy them here (cheaper at £28+VAT) but do check the
software
version as they supply OEM versions and some have been v1.07 but some
have been earlier.   Only the more recent firmware units have historic
data included in the XML data and run at the faster 9600 baud.  You need
a data cable - either USB or serial too - best off eBay.  If you do have
an older version you can buy a second display off eBat for £15 that
has
the latest firmware.

https://www.ecogadgetshop.co.uk/default.aspx

v1.05 and below don't provide historic data ...   v1.07 which is the
latest does  (v1.06 apparently does include historic data according to
the Ebay listing)

If you are using these with the xAP applications then go for one with
historic data.

<groups@...> wrote:

>>> THanks James for a useful post.
>>>
>>> Think I'll go for CurrentCost.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Mark
>>>

>> Make sure you are aware of what software level in the receiver
unit
>> you are getting.
>>
>> On ebay they are selling direct the latest versions (1.07) that
give
>> historic data at 9600 bps while the Southern Electricity only give
the
>> immediate data and run at 2400.
>>
>> I bought the Southern Elec unit (£32 I think as this was
cheapest).