Re: CurrentCost Vs Owl

  • Subject: Re: CurrentCost Vs Owl
  • From: "rb_ziggy" <rb.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 17:21:19 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "mwgardner2000" <groups@...>
wrote:

> THanks James for a useful post.
>=20
> Think I'll go for CurrentCost.
>=20
> Cheers
> Mark

Make sure you are aware of what software level in the receiver unit
you are getting.=20=20

On ebay they are selling  direct the latest versions (1.07) that give
historic data at 9600 bps while the Southern Electricity only give the
immediate data and run at 2400.=20

I bought the Southern Elec unit (=A332 I think as this was cheapest).=20
Works fine for me but I then bought another latest version receiver
unit from ebay.  (Actual reason was that I'd originally rigged up the
display in a very obvious spot on the kitchen windowsill - When I
wanted to move to HA cupboard, wife objected so I needed another
receiver for the PC link so I had the excuse!)=20=20

FWIW, It seems to be pretty accurate and responsive to small changes
on or off (within the constraints that data is sent every 6 seconds or
so, so it's not absolutely 'instant').=20=20