Re: Skype

darren_karp2001 wrote:
> Has anyone adopted Skype for both PC and home calls and if so your
> feedback would be very must appreciated.

I'd seriously suggest avoiding Skype like the plague and going for
something SIP based.  This gives you the flexibility to pick and choose
hardware and providers, and perhaps make use of PBX software like asterisk.

I'm having great success doing all manner of Clever Stuff(TM) with
asterisk and a TDM400P card, 2 bog standard analogue phones, an analogue
textphone[1], a couple of computers running Ekiga, a BT landline and a
couple of sipgate accounts.  But you may find a simple ATA that allows
you to combine SIP and landline calls and a normal dect phone would be
sufficient.

Kim.
--

[1] Asterisk's TDD support is basically useless, but given careful
choice of codecs, this does allow a voice call to be routed out through