[OT] Big Bang - and a spare couple of batteries!

  • Subject: [OT] Big Bang - and a spare couple of batteries!
  • From: Wayne <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 21:51:36 +0100

Hiya all,

Having 'acquired' a soon to be binned APC 2200 from an insurance claim I
finally got around to fixing it today. The 'fault' that originally had
was down to some removal company trying to move it by pulling on the
face plate and shearing the ribbon cable that joined it to the main board.

No problems I thought - If it was going to be 'binned' I might be able
to fix that! Hence it being sat in the kitchen for the last few months
waiting for me to get around to doing something with it.

Dug out some 8 core cable and soldered it all in - all looked ok so far.

Anyways - to cut a few paragraphs out of this essay, lets say I jumped a
few feet in the air when it let out a loud bang and tripped the mains
out! (and it wasnt a wiring problem from replacing the lead either - I
checked!) I'm guessing there must have been something else that happened
to that APC as well as the lead shearing.

So, I've effectively got 2 chunky APC batteries from a 2200 and no APC
for em to go into yet!
Mr Andy - if your reading... ;-)

Cheers!
Wayne.