Kitchen Extension - what to automate?

We are considering an extension at the back of the house to fit a
bigger
kitchen and I am starting to think about automation.

As I already have CBUS for lighting do you think I should wire each
mains socket to a CBUS relay unit. How far do I take it?  Sounds like
the CBUS 10A relays are plently for a modern day cooker.  But would I
want to interface to other kitchen appliances, fridge, kettle, toaster,
dishwasher, washing machine, TV etc.., basically all sockets.

What have others done? Is there any point to the extra expense.

What about CAT-5, some fridges today I think already have ethernet
connections, so what do I cat-5 to? Dishwasher, toaster, kettle, boiler?
Might seem a little silly now but in 10, 20, 30 years might I be wishing
I had?

Also, can I ask for opinions on what to wire to the back of a kitchen
LCD? How many CAT-5's/coaxes?

2 cat5 for HD video over ethernet?
1 cat5 for backlight illumination control
1 cat5 as TV's maybe networked in future, well new Sony Bravias already
are
1 cat5 for IR remote control of TV (would want it auto on in the morning
as I get up?)
1 cat5 for IR control to TIVO and other AV kit in loft.
PC input, what would I need? 10m to loft?
Touch screen, what would I need?
1 coax for Freeview/Freesat tuner? Or would I need 2 for freesat with an
internal tuner?
Ignore component and composite inputs or 1 x cat5 to composite.

Is this over the top or would I be regretting it in the future?