Re: Oven use/kwh/annum (sort of on topic)

  • Subject: Re: Oven use/kwh/annum (sort of on topic)
  • From: "JonS" <semi.jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 22:16:22 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Tim Hawes" <timsyahoo@...>
wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 3:49 PM, Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I'm on a mission to use CBUS/Comfort to perform energy saving
measures
> > automatically. I now have 14 different devices totally shut down
when
> > arming away (and more to come), and they dont all come back up
straight
> > away when returning (depends on what you do).

What devices shut down and what logic are you using to bring them
back to life?
I cannot comment on cookers as ours is gas, but the oven timer does
get used so meal goes in, and timer starts it so it is cooked on
return, maybe have the cooker as optional - it won't draw that much
power when out will it?

One kitchen item I wish I had automated is the cooker hood - set to
come on with rise in temp and humidity.  I think I can get a CAT5 to
the hood-chimney, but wished I had pressed ahead with the idea at
installation time.

JonS