Re: AT commands - Nokia 6210 phone help?

stuart Billinghurst wrote:
> So far nokia forums have been of little help to people that have
failed, now questions for the good ppl of UKHA:
> A.   When I send the ascii letters A and T out via the com1 from
HyperTerminal to the phone should the phone respond?
> B.   If I used a PIC to do the same via a MAX232 chip would the output
to the phone be identical to the above (i.e. is my testing valid?)
> C.   Has anyone here done A or B
> D.   Am I heading down the wrong path?

Have you set the right bitrate, format (usually "8N1" - 8 bits,
no
parity, 1 stop bit), XON/XOFF (usually off) and h/w handshaking (try
using none)?

Are you sure it's com1? Sometimes a peripheral device can claim com1 and
your serial port ends up on another device.

Jim

Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109