Re: Flow switches

Paul

Yes, the cheap plastic ones from CPC will do the job but they tend to
get a bit fragile after prolonged exposure to high temperatures.

Call me old fashioned but I'd always go for the brass
"industrial"
version over a PVC unit.

Good point re the Hum sensors.

Most are approx +/- 10% although you can get 2% versions which are about
£160!

They also need regular calibration.

I wouldn't be too bothered about them coming on during the day if the
hum rises because they would be doing their job and you can always
disable them for the night time.

Cheers

Neil

Paul Gale wrote:
> I've fitted flow switches to all of my shower hot water feeds (4 of
them) - have yet to program them up in HomeVision yet though. HV will
control my extract fans via CBus.

> I did have a humidity sensor but never fitted it - I was thinking it
would need some careful calibration and monitoring over a year or so, so
that it wouldn't come on at odd times of day/night depending on the ambient
humidity.

> I think running the fan on a timer, initiated by the start/stop flow
of hot water should be a good solution.

> I bought my (cheaper) flow switches from CPC:
>
> http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?SKU=SN35601
>
> I found there were some very expensive switches around.
>
> Paul.

Switch