Re: Flow switches

John

One of these would work

http://www.pvl.co.uk/datafaxes/2134%20-%20Shower%20flow%20switch.pdf

There's loads more on the market - Just google for Shower Flow Switch

You could start the fan on water flow then wait until the extract
humidity has dropped below a threshold to turn the fan off using one of
these;

http://www.sensorsandtransmitters.com/products/5/by_type

I think it's a far better idea than hum controlled fans which have a
habit of turning on whenever the light is on and then running on when
the light goes of until the hum drops (if the hum is low, it will go off
as soon as the light goes off). All too noisy at night time!

Cheers

Neil

John B wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently remodelling the bathroom, and naturally adding as much
> HA as possible :-)
>
> I'm trying to automate the operation of the extractor fan, and was
> looking at fitting a flow switch to the shower's water supply to
> control the fan.
> (i.e. shower is switched on, fan switches on, shower switches off, fan
> runs for an overrun period then switches off)
>
> Has anyone done something similar? Or can anyone recommend a decent
> flow switch?
> I have some spare inputs on Comfort that I'm guessing I can use for
> the flow switch, and the fan is on a C-Bus relay channel so it
> shouldn't be a problem controlling it from Comfort.
>
> Ta for any help!
>
> John

Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109