Re: OT Windows Home Server

  • Subject: Re: OT Windows Home Server
  • From: "paul_watkin" <paul.watkin33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:40:41 -0000

Hi Steve,

Many thanks for the reply sounds like I shall be nipping out to get
one later on.

You say in your message "Importantly, it also configured to allow
access to the local network." I assume you mean you have set it up
such that it can see your home workgroup as well as the work domain
it's a member of. How do you do this??

I assume WHS only does the back up if you are disconnected from the
VPN??

Regards

Paul
--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Steve Morgan" <smorgo@...> wrote:

> Paul,
>
> I do exactly this.
>
> I have my home machines in a workgroup: 3 Vista, 1 Windows Server
2003 and 1
> Windows Server 2008 and the WHS box.
>
> I have my work XP laptop which is part of a domain and connects to
work via
> a VPN. Importantly, it also configured to allow access to the local
network.

> All these machines have the Windows Home Server connector installed
(with
> the exception of the WHS server, obviously).
>
> They all have access to WHS and all are backed-up automatically at
night.

> As with most things in Home Server, it just works.
>
> Steve Morgan

Behalf Of