Re: AV AMP disaster

ta for the answers I have already looked at whether I can get away
with choppoing the back out and it doesn't buy me enough. Cabinets
are externaly 400mm deep but usable space inside is somewhat less and
they hang on the wall so I would have to dig out newly decorated wall
behind them.

Would there be a reason why I shouldn't mount the amp vertcically??
i.e. bottom of amp against a vertical wall, as my other option is to
put it inside the false chimney

Cheers

Paul

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gordon" <paul@...> wrote:

> I have also encountered this problem in the past. In my case, I have
> resolved it by cutting out a suitably sized & shaped area from the
back
> panel of the cabinet. - This was a standalone wood unit, so was
quite
> easy to do with a jigsaw. I then let the amp hang over the back
just a
> little. This also had the side benefit of increasing the airflow in
the
> compartment housing the amplifier.
>
> Might not be feasible in your case though?
>
> Paul G.

Behalf