[OT] What do you use yours for ?? (erm - your xbox!)

  • Subject: [OT] What do you use yours for ?? (erm - your xbox!)
  • From: Wayne <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 22:42:10 +0000

Hiya all,

Thanks to a generous chap with a 'hack kit' - I've recently been able to
softmod a spare xbox and get Xbox Media Centre loaded!

Thats all working fine - playing movies off my pc - all good (even
impressed the missus with that one!) but I'm trying my hand a little
with the scripting side of things and was wondering what others are
doing (if anything!).

If anyone /has/ been hooked on the scripting bug I'm after a little
advice as well please :)

I'm currently working with a caller id script that I'm trying to get to
work with my asterisk phone system. At the minute its a basic mod of the
readily avaliable caller id script that also works with YAC but for one
small problem. It doesn't seem consistently reliable. Sometimes it works
- sometimes not and without any changes to the stream that activates it
over the lan and actually on a command that just sits and waits for
something to happen!.

If anyone has a nugget they could share on this I would appreciate it !

Thanks all,
Wayne.