From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
noughtomate
Sent: 23 May 2008 14:30
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Does Rack depth matter, if open backed ?

Hi,

I have a small 6u rack, which serves for most of my Media Distribution
and Home Automation purposes.

Earlier this week, I raised a thread in this forum about Server Chassis
cases. I hadn't considered depth at the time, but I guess it is
something I should think about.

My rack is had a 300mm depth, but it is open backed. So I'm wondering
if the depth of any given rack mount component matters, if the rack is
open backed.

Also, would a 'deep' rack mount item have rabbit ears or clips at the
back to clip it to the back of the rack ? I'm just thinking about the
case where are deeper device needs support at the back. Would it have
ears / screw clip points at a standardised depth, say 300mm or 400mm ?

Thanks