Re: Re: [OT]ish - Tools for chasing out walls for conduit

Ian,

I did use circular conduit everywhere, probably simply because that was
cheapest - I put lots in and in a new build that was no problem. For the
cables that were all pulled together I managed to get 4 CAT5 cables down
each conduit. The electrician used the same conduit everywhere too.

You are correct about the SDS drill, it sounds like a drill, but actually
works like a jackhammer. It gave my little office hands blisters after a
couple of evenings working :)

Simon

On 19/05/2008, Ian Bird <ian.bird@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for all the opinions on this delicate WAF topic ;-)
>
> I have never seen an SDS drill up close and personal so am guessing a
> little on its effectivness. I assume it turns into something like an
> air chisel at least in action. Wouldn't work with a chisel bit
> otherwise ;-).
>
> Since I hope to be doing this other peoples home after learning on my
> own I shall probably go for the best option after thinking on it a
> while (read best I can afford when it is needed). Renting may be a
> good way of trying out the options without commitment.
>
> I think because I am trying to do this on finished walls the minimum
> amount of collateral damage is going to dictate the most economic
> option. I'll let you all know how it goes in a few months.
>
> p.s. I saw in your pictures Simon (McCaughey) that it looks like you
> have used circular trunking for the various runs. Is this so or are
> they square I am being blind? If they are any preferences for small
> drops e.g. power sockets of lights etc. or is it simply whatever is
> cheapest.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ian

Regards