Re: [OT]ish - Tools for chasing out walls for conduit

  • Subject: Re: [OT]ish - Tools for chasing out walls for conduit
  • From: Simon Pawson <SimonP1234@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 23:29:02 +0100

I have used a SDS chisel, something like

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/16724/Drill-Bits/Masonry-Chisels/SDS-Plus-C
hisels/Armeg-SDS-Plus-Channelling-Chisel-30mm;jsessionid=FZQ52KR2I5PCKCST
HZPCFEY

but cheaper. They claim that you can get behind a skirting board without
problems but I've never managed it. Fairly messy but much less so than
angle grinding (my first attempt) which would put me off some of the
saws you can get. But they look so easy. Found getting some triangle
shaped wooden off-cuts to control depth.

Glad it isn't my poor plastering that means you can see where I've been
when the light is in the wrong place...

Simon

In message
<46e456080805171604u2f6bd64di4495d8434db91227@xxxxxxx>, Simon