Re: Re: Data Backup and Folder Sync - Dropbox

  • Subject: Re: Re: Data Backup and Folder Sync - Dropbox
  • From: Simon Pawson <SimonP1234@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 23:31:10 +0100

I couldn't find the exact thread where someone said "backup onto
Laptop
HD" but in the end I got one of these

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/productinfo.asp?WebProductID=817528

to use with an old 30Gb PTA laptop HD. I got mine from buyer but Scan
have some on Today Only over the weekend along with the drives. I've
only one generation which work tease me about - what if the dissector
happens when I'm at home !

I did a manual copy this time to truecrypt containers but I'll be
looking at the corbien backup mentioned before when I get round to
building something more robust.

A good idea and whilst now true pure HA the sort of thing I find this
list very useful for.

Simon

In message <3UA$0FDhu5CIFwd6@xxxxxxx>, Simon Pawson
<SimonP1234@xxxxxxx> writes

>Hi,
>
>That looks an interesting find. I may use it.
>
>I find it hard to explain what I want: -
>
>I'd also be interested in software that would copy a list of a
directory
>of files to a set of directories/disks filling each 4Gb space then,
then
>copying the next files on the list to the next 4Gb etc. The idea is
that
>the 4Gb "disks" are actually Truecrypt containers and each
will be burnt

<markgolledge@...>
>>wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm looking at options for data backup and folder sync. I
>>currently use a
>>> number of PC's both at work and home and am looking at
available