RE: Maybe OT, ish. Power connectors.

Hi Dom,

You'll generally find that contactless is not something you are likely to
get off the shelf. It is normally designed to suit the power requirements
of
the device being used.

There is some good information on a design here.

http://www.circuitcellar.com/library/print/0806/Wu193/2.htm

Power wise, consider only low power for this and really best for charging
circuits.

As for the magnetic one, Google for Magnetic Power Connector. Quite a few
DIY solutions out there.

Dave.