Re: 3 core Mains flex cable in clear finsh ?

If you are replacing the main feed cable to a multiplug then you must
use appropriate (original) full rated three core cable.  You mustn't
for example downrate the cable even though you might replace the fuse in
the plug and one in the multisockets  with matching low rated versions.
This is because at some time in the future someone may replace a blown
fuse with a 13A one and then draw the full power from an appliance
plugged into the multiplug which would cause a potential fire hazard as
it exceeded the cable rating.  I know you might never do this as you
know the way it was setup but others don't.     You could perhaps add
one of the non standard multiplugs - the type you get for HiFi's with
IEC connectors - or better still the other pin type ones.   These could
be clearly labelled with the lowered fuse ratin a't plug and people
can'y plug the vac in accidently.

The three core transparent cable I have seen (which was on an iMac)
although unusual was not really less conspicous - indeed it was perhaps
more noticeable as the core colours twisted through it.  You mustn't use
the two core clear cable , often found in older table lamps to replace
any appliance that is already wired with three core or has a three wire
connector into it. .  There are some two wire only appliances around
that could still use two core - the ones with the '8' type connectors
often going into the brick type PSU,s     If you dont need the mains
lamp you could maybe feed the DC to the iPod using very small
cable......