1-wire network layout?

Hi folks

I'm thinking of setting up a 1-wire network here and as the house is
on 3 floors I'd thought of having each floor as an independent
"segment" and then merging the 3 segments somehow at the USB
1-wire
interface (a DS9490R with RJ11 connector).

Some of the  1-wire sensors I've seen have RJ11 connectors and others
have RJ45 instead.

As 1-wire only needs 2 wires (great name! doh!) I'm planning on using
4-core telephone cable as its physically smaller than CAT5 cable. Also
RJ11 connectors are smaller than RJ45s so I'd like to use RJ11 sensors.

Just looking from advice/feedback from anyone who's set up something
similar in the past. For example if I have 3 segments (1 per floor)
how do I connect them all up to the same USB interface?