Re: Remote audio for voice recognition?

I may be totally wrong here, but I do not see much point in wiring
analog audio cables, when I have CAT5 in every room... Isn't it all I
need to do is to send audio over the Ethernet?

I came across an interesting suggestion - PulseAudio combined with
WinESD. If PulseAudio works on Chumby, it will send what it gets from
Chumby's mic to the main control computer in the living room, which
will recognize the voice commands from its virtual audio card
(WinESD). I guess the mic might not be up to the standard, though... I
hope the bedroom will be quiet enough.

Another solution might be a Bluetooth mic (maybe Jabra SP5050?)
sending the signal directly to the control PC. I am not sure if the
range will be sufficient, though.