Re: Comfort Design Question

Mike

I have been thinking about this idea further and it all makes sense
apart from one part.

As far as I know Alarm Cable is stranded and connects well to screw-
down connections on PIRS etc.
Krone works best on solid cable.

How have you got around this?

Regards
Ben

On 30 May 2008, at 23:14, Mike Griffiths wrote:

> To follow up
> All inputs and outputs I term to standard Krone blocks
> In a perfect world I then ( and have done ) term all feeds from PIR's
> etc to another set of Krones and then cross patch them
>
> That was the proper way to do it ( and Clive Haycock will probably say
> the only way to do it!)
>
> But really the incoming cables PIR's etc can be left long enough to
> reach any of the Comfort in and out Krones
>
> To finish off the job you should make the Krone housing tamperproof
> BUT I think if a burglar has got to my krone blocks and worked out
> which
> is which then the Gold and Silver is well gone
> Hope this makes sense
> Mike

each other in the
> > same
> > > mounting position within the case by using long standoff
pillars,
> > this
> > > helps a lot, but can also be a hindrance in terms of access
> > > obscured
> > > terminals, so it's certainly worthwhile thinking about what
boards
> > > you're likely to need access to after fitting.
> > >
> > > I'll try to take a picture of the layout of my panel
tomorrow, but
> > > from
> > > memory I have the following all within the main panel:
> > >
> > > Ultra II mainboard
> > > LEM01-G2 local expansion module
> > > ADM01 Aux distribution module
> > > LSM01 Light sensor module
> > > UCM05
> > > Ringer module
> > > RLY01 Relay board (4 relays)
> > > Battery
> > >
> > > If you want the zone expansion, you can either use a SEM
(slave
> > > expansion) or a LEM (Local expansion) module. The design of
the
> > LEM is
> > > such that it mounts on top of the mainboard & connects
via a
> ribbon
> > > cable. The Ringer module also mounts on top of the
mainboard.

> > > A SEP is a complete additional panel with another power
supply,
> > > another
> > > "mainboard" - but not a full comfort mainboard
obviously, - it's a
> > cut
> > > down version; - a SEM, which is designed to be mounted
remotely
> from
> > > the
> > > main panel, and connects back to it via a standard alarm
cable (I
> > > believe)... I don't have any form of Slave expansion in my
system,
> > > so I
> > > may be a little off in my understanding of how the slaves
work,
> > > because
> > > as you say, it is a little confusing!
> > >
> > > With both LEM's & SEM's beware that I believe there are
several
> > > flavours
> > > of each, - AIUI all of them have 16 "ports" - but
some of them are
> > > split
> > > as 8 inputs & 8 outputs, whereas others are all 16
inputs. - If