Re: [OT] Mac help needed

Hi Keith,

background
From the SBS2003/Vista angle this may emphasise may be an issue with the
security SBS2003 and vista have. Later windows use NTLM2 / NTLMv2. I had
issues with my NSLU2 slugs and still have opportunities between
machines.

solution
For instance a quick google gives
http://www.linux-watch.com/news/NS4434907782.html.
You can switch NTLMv2
off see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/147706
or other google sources
for "ntlmv2 disable". Basically you switch LAN Manger Security
back to
the previous level:
Run gpedit.msc then:
computer configuration\windows settings\local policies\security options\
and  In "Network Security: LAN Manager" authentication level,
change the
Setting from "Send NTLMv2 response only" to "Send LM &
NTLM -- use
NTLMv2 session security if negotiated."

Hope this helps,

Good luck,

Simon

In message
<f916d72a0806030454g33cf4571m3527764889bc20bc@xxxxxxx>, Stuart
Grimshaw <stuart.grimshaw@xxxxxxx> writes

>On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Keith Doxey <ukha@xxxxxxx>
>wrote:
>> Mac is a Powerbook G4 running OSX10.28
>
>Do you mean 10.2.8 ?
>

>> Windows machines can connect to the share with no problems.
>>

>> The MAC can successfully connect to a Windows XP Pro machine but
>fails with
>> that error when trying to connect to the intended machine running
>SBS2003.
>> It also fails with the same error trying to connect to a share on
my Vista
>> laptop.
>>

>Are you using the same credentials to connect to both machines?
>
>> We are connecting as SMB://<machinename>/<sharename>
and
>specifying the
>> domain/workgroup and the user as
<servername>/<username> but it