Re: Control central heating via PC, ideas please?

Gary,

I don't know how much help this will actually be to you, but I changed our
3-zone central heating control to computer controlled about 2 years ago,
an=
have never looked back. I wrote my own software client so the laptop, and
kitchen pc could both control the heat, and i also have a remote web
interface, and a sms interface (its great to text the heating 20 minutes
before you arrive home on a cold winters evening)

This is an article I wrote at the time
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=3Ddd8r2tb7_2gv37f6&hl=3Den_GB

I used a serial controlled VIOM connected to some bigger relays which
control the motorised valves. There are hard buttons in the utility room
too.

The basic premise of my system is that a little human intervention is
bette=
than a "smart" thermostat. I think it has saved us a fortune in
heating oil=
.

Simon