Re: Debugging X10 problems

  • Subject: Re: Debugging X10 problems
  • From: "Bov" <bov@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 08:26:27 -0000

J is all my upstairs lighting. The first thing I did was turn off the
upstairs lighting circuit at the consumer unit. I then turned off
downstairs lights from the consumer unit and then the garage. Also
turned off the TM13 X10-RF unit. Kept seeing the signals... I suspect
I forgot to remove a couple of lamp units from the test - didn't
really suspect them.

Agree that removing the CM12 to see if the status messages are still
shown is a good idea - check if it's the HV unit or CM12. Must admit,
knowing the few neighbours we have, I can't see any of them using
X10.

The status request tends to happen in bursts - 10 second on, 20 off
etc. I'm also noticing a few other house code transmissions (not
status requests). These followed by legitimate on codes later would
explain the random lights coming on at 3am.

Thanks for all the great suggestions...

Andy.