RE: Re: [OT] 3G iPhone available for pre-order

Not looking too good

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/07/07/o2_apple_3g_iphone_upgrade/

"Which I did," said Reg reader Carol Dew, "only to be
advised that they
couldn't take telephone orders until Friday, and they were very sorry
for the inconvenience, but they had 2000 other people just like me
calling them this morning, and their managers had advised them that the
site was overwhelmed. Because they didn't anticipate the demand. But
when I asked how many iPhones were in stock, since I was afraid they'd
run out before I could order mine, I was told that they'd asked
customers to 'register their interest' on the website (did that; hence
getting the text this morning). And that every time someone registered
their interest, they ordered in an iPhone for them. Yet they didn't
anticipate today's demand."

On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 11:14 +0100, Paul Gale wrote:
> But that would be rather silly to be complacent like that - it still
adds up to a bad customer experience which matters a huge amount over the
long term...