From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
domdevitto
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2008 11:52 PM
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Security of mains ethernet adapters?

http://blogs.sun.com/chrisg/entry/ethernet_over_mains

implies that hopping through the fusebox, to the meter, back up to
another fusebox causes a big reduction in signaling rate (from 85 mbps
to 13 mbps) - but does work.

He is also a bit worried about security - though he thinks that the
degradation from fusebox-fusebox within his own twin-fusebox house
probably means that data won't leak between two separate properties.

This would be a *very* interesting community 'mesh' network though!

Dom
--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
, Vargster