Re: Re: Apple Announce Raft of Updates and New Products at MacWorld

Martin Greenwood wrote:
> Not correct, it will back to any shared volume. All 5 of our Mac's
> backup to single firewire drive using Time Machine.

Ah, interesting. Is it only AFP shared volumes though? I tried it with a
SMB/CIFS share on my linux server and that didn't work...

> Make sure the volume is mounted and then go to Change Disk in Time
> Machine in System Preferences.
> What it doesn't do is backup to a usb drive connected to an Airport
> base station.

Presumably because the airport disk sharing is via SMB/CIFS?

Fingers crossed they'll turn it on for all types of network shared
volumes...

Jim