Re: Would I Benefit from a NAS Drive?

Darren,

I agree with Brian - go for a USB drive.  I recently got a 1.5TB Maxtor
One=
Touch USB drive.  I can definitely recommend it - very nice rubberised
case=
which stays cool and is almost silent - both the fan and drives.
2 x 750GB and can be configured as a 1.5TB drive or a 750GB drive with
RAID=
1 mirroring.

NAS is great if you want better data security but this comes at a price.
I=
felt that a USB drive was a good compromise, but my worry is how to backup=
drives in case the drive fails - 1.5TB is a lot to lose!!!  I got mine to =
store files from a 1080 HD camcorder, so would be a bit miffed if I lost
it=
.

Anyway, the Maxtor has been very good so far - plug it in to a USB and
you'=
ve got 1.5TB.  I once read an article, not 'that' long ago (about 12 years
=
ago) - said the largest data storage in the UK at the time was Menworth
Hil=
l US Airforce base (near Harrogate) - with approx 3.0TB of phone/fax
record=
ings.  Amazing to think that I've got close to that capacity in something
n=
ot much larger than a housebrick sat on my desk :o)

Bargain at =A3214+VAT from Dabs4work.com

more info at
http://misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3D276579=
&CatId=3D2267

Regards