Would I Benefit from a NAS Drive?

  • Subject: Would I Benefit from a NAS Drive?
  • From: "darren_karp2001" <darren.karp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 19:34:56 -0000

Hi all,

At home I have a PC under the stairs which runs my Geovision CCTV
system and is also used to store DVD rips and MP3's. My Vista MCE PC
is configured to use this PC for its media content although it itself
has ample hard drive storage for live TV, etc. but is put to sleep at
the end of each evenings TV viewing.

I have two laptops and an additional PC, none of which use any of the
media content in the house. I also have a Soundbridge in our bedroom.

The reason for the question is that the Geovision PC is running very
very low on hard drive space and I was wondering whether I should
simply add either an extra HD (it's an old PC and doesn't have SATA),
add an external USB drive or go for a NAS drive.

I would warmly welcome any comments and advice.

Darren