RE: Re: Lighting Options ....

Hi Richard,

I did indeed replace the X10 with CBus - but it wasn't a simple job. When I
installed the X10 system, we did a retro-install and changed a lot of the
house wiring. We had to modify a fair bit of this to accommodate the new
CBus install. Running Cat5/CBus cable could also be an issue - we used a
mix of existing Cat5 (that I'd previously run to some light switches and
also a lot of new pink CBus cable. So unfortunately, it's not a simple swap
X10 for CBus install :(

Ben here on the list did the work for me - took about 5 x 12 hr days to do
it. The system is not yet fully complete - the loft conversion will also be
added in shortly - this has 2 x high wire LV systems, bathroom LV lights, 6
x 5A dedicated lighting sockets and 3 x sets of RGB LED stainless steel
floor marker lights (controllable via DMX).

HTH a bit?

Paul.

wrote:

> > I have CBus here too now (for the last 3-4 months) - reasonably
big
> install (although not quite on the Wembley scale!) as it does every
> light in the house plus bedside lamps, fans etc etc. Also VERY good
> for automation if you want to go down that route - I have mine talking
> to HomeVision HA controller and xAP protocol via one of Kevin Hawkins'
> EXCELLENT CBus/xAP/HV gateways :)
> >
> > I used to have a whole house X10 system using AD10's and LD11's
but
> decided to replace it with CBus as the X10 was a bit unreliable at
> times.
> >
> > CBUS = HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! :)
> >
> > Paul.

(provided your
> > > competent with electrics and of course Part P bla bla bla)
and is