Re: Cable Fishing kit?! Reccomendations....cheap of course!

  • Subject: Re: Cable Fishing kit?! Reccomendations....cheap of course!
  • From: "ianh1000" <ianh1000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 12:30:44 -0000

Hi Noel,=20

I hope it is ok to have CAT5 in a cavity! I have put in much of my
cale in the small cavity between the pasterboard and internal wall. My
house has plastboard stuck to dabs of adhesive, this leaves a nice
10mm gap to hide signal cables, I would not put mains in that way as
that needs some additional protection.

Upstairs my house has partition walls that are made of 2 sheets of
pasterboard with a paper honeycombe structure in the middle. Upstairs
I have pushed a plastic conduit pipe down from the loft into the gap
between the two sheets of plaster.

I use some fibreglass fishing rods I got from Screwfix, they do the
job very well.=20

The traditional cavity I have between the internal and external walls
is filled with insulation so getting something through  that would be
hard work.=20

Cheers
Ian=20
--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "noel_pilot" <HA@...> wrote:

> Fantastic, thanks all, I went for a set similar to that budget option
> from ebay, =A312 all in I think.
> So 'officially' cables aren't allowed to be run in cavities?! Is that
> run on their own?  So is it allowed if I were to run conduit and have
> the cables inside that?
>=20
> I do occasionally suffer from short term memory loss so if I will have
> to make sure I write down these regs rules to make sure I don't
> 'accidentally' forget and run the cables!!
>=20
> What I'm looking to do is get some cat 5 cables from downstairs to
> upstairs, and possibly a couple of component leads as well.
> Hoping to push from the loft to minimise holes needed in each of the
> rooms!!
>=20
> Expecting pushing the component leads through to be a bit of a pig but
> thats massively cheaper than using something like Kat 5 units when the
> distance is so short!
>=20
> Thanks again all,=20
> Noel
>=20
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Jim Noble <yahoo-groups@> wrote:
> >
> > noel_pilot wrote:
> > > Hi all,=20
> > > Need to do some fishing (of the cabling kind) and looking
for
> > > something to help, need to basically go from the loft down
to the
> > > bedroom and if i can go all the way down to the ground floor
in
on go
> > > all the better
> > > http://tinyurl.com/25y43k
> > > This looks excellent but is a little more than im looking to
pay at
> > > the moment, anyone any tips on something else i could use?!
or any