Re: Re: Pandora :-(

It appears Pandora may be having difficulties with their US licensing
model as well. I wonder if this is because they effectively have a
royalty liability on a track that plays to a single user rather than the
more typical 'radio' situation where they have thousands of listeners
per track... ?

It is a great shame and a potential death blow to personalised services.
Like others have said Pandora has dramatically increased my paid for
music purchases from non mainstream artsts , and these are the people
who will suffer most. Indeed the artists who do not have albums loaded
on Napster are the ones I have consistently purchased as Napster can
stream the others for me within the subscription.

Kevin

______________________________________

Dan said: (exact source unknown)

Shame Pandora will be shutting down completely in a couple months when
the RIAA?s increased licensing fees go in effect. Pandora has stated
publicly they won?t be able to afford it and will have to close.

Exerpt from the recent release:
Tim Westergren (Pandora Founder)

Lest you think this is solely an international problem, you should know
that we are also fighting for our survival here in the US, in the face
of a crushing increase in web radio royalty rates, which if left
unchanged, would mean the end of Pandora.

mailto:support@xxxxxxx_ziggy wrote:

> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>,
Kevin