Re: Amazing Breakthrough... (don't get too excited, it's just more wireless hype)

  • Subject: Re: Amazing Breakthrough... (don't get too excited, it's just more wireless hype)
  • From: Shaf Ali <shaf@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 15:13:58 +0000

> Really? a high bandwidth wireless connection with no lag - amazing.
> I'm looking forward to them deploying these laws-of-physics-defying
> units in place of these clunky fibre optic cables with their oh-so-
> yesterday "speed of light" lag.

It's possible we're looking at needing between 20-40mbps(compressed). I
guess there is absolutely no way you could do this uncompressed,
uncompressed we're looking at gigabit :o

Read an equally stupid solution here :

http://www.asteriskvoipnews.com/wireless_hardware/dlink_brings_wireless_hdtv_from_pc_via_xtreme_n_duo_mediabridge.html

Bridging two wireless N access points LOL !