Re: Re: HDMI Over CAT5 Gets Affordable

Another alternative - Belkin have announced a wireless full 1080p
solution - apparently working over 100 feet and offering exactly the
same uncompressed digital quality as the source but I think it's going
to be expensive (early on)

The chips they use (Amimon) are each capable of supporting 720p and
1080i and so to support 1080p they include two of them -   it would have
been nice if this allowed two simultaneous channels of lower resolution
as I don't think there's much need/adoption for 1080p currently.

Paul Gale wrote:
> Yes - that's the point (although I wouldn't have put it so bluntly!)
;)

> Many of us have AV distribution systems - the ability to add in HDMI
through an existing Cat5 structured system rather than running new (and
expensive) HDMI cables to multiple points would be great.

> Just need to think about HDMI switching next (although only two of my
TV's have this capability so far).

> Paul.

PO6