RE: [OT] any recommendations for a new house phone ?

Thanks for that.. not sure that skype would really benefit from a
skype
phone, as we currently get free phone calls and don't have any overseas
relatives. I did buy a voip phone and have a play a year or so ago, but
other than "phoning" the laptop we really didn't find much use
for it.

Wish list for the phone would be

Intercom facility

Ability to send our mobiles a text message if a message left on answer
machine.

Logging of numbers that last called us

Barring of certain numbers (or cold callers)

Different rings for known numbers

Ability to divert calls to other handsets

Ability to divert calls to mobiles (i.e. when left the house)

Marcus