Re: Dual Core PC Server Bargain - £139+VAT

  • Subject: Re: Dual Core PC Server Bargain - £139+VAT
  • From: "Lehane Kellett" <lehane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 17:03:08 -0000

I've had one for a while, since they droppped in price, and it is
pretty  quiet. Running Win2k3, Slimserver and xAP apps with 2Gb ECC
memory and 2 Raid'ed arrays. I did run Geovision up to try it and it
ran OK but it isn't loaded at present.

Just a note that you'll need a supported USB floppy (not a USB stick)
to load the RAID drivers during Win OS install - or slipstream them
into a CD.

Lehane

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Jamie Whitehorn <jamie@...> wrote:

> > Thats a whole dual-core PC for less than a 1TB hard drive for
heaven sake.

> Indeedy. And it's a server with a 3 year, on-site, next working day
warranty. The reviews on ebuyer say it's nice and quiet, good quality
fans etc. Sooooooo tempting, in fact ....