Re: [OT] Anti-virus / anti-spyware other essential programs?

Hummmm ...

Interesting. but I already have a Synology NAS and it replicates a lot of
those functions I already have.

Backing up etc. could be done using software. Not as neat as the all in one
solution from the home server. But I think if I was going for a dedicated
server machine I would go for the full blown MS server so that I could run
exchange as my wife uses Macs so I would get some compatibility.

Does the homeserver talk with Macs apart from file sharing?

Ho Yin

On 06/02/2008, Paul Gordon <paul@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>   And of course, would run just luverly on the: Dual Core PC Server
> Bargain - =A3139+VAT....
>
> Paul G.

PC's
> and
> it went fine.
>
> I've tried various backup tools in the past (Ghost, Acronis) but never
> seemed to get round to installing on all the PC's and running
regularily.

> Home Server has been so simple to use. Just set it up and leave it to
run=
.
> It backs up all the PC's every night and if any backup fails an icon
on
> each
> PC tells you that there is a problem.
>
> So far I've been impressed. At least I've got backups where I didn't
have
> them before!
>
> John

AVG