RE: Re: Windows Home Server - jesus!

Not *QUITE* that simple - you can only mount a drive into an *EMPTY*
directory so if I did it that way I'd have a share of "Movies"
with multiple
subdirectories - not a single directory with all the movies in it (which is
what I was after) - I could manage that on the Mac Mini with a simple
script
that shared a directory which was automatically populated with symbolic
links to the movies - I did try doing this under windows but it didn't work
anywhere near so reliably.

I *MAY* be able to obtain an old G5 PowerMac which will have PCI-X slots in
it and if so then I can throw in a couple of PCI-X to 4 x eSATA cards that
support port multipliers and then be able to hang up to 40 SATA drives off
that which may encourage me to go back to the Mac side - I remain
unconvinced so far about the ability of Windows to provide a stable
domestic
server environment but - give it its dues - WHS *DOES* make a good stab at
making the administration of a home server much more accessible to the
non-geek, remember I'm always going to be pushing these things harder than
maybe they should be pushed simply because I tend to be such a data whore!
:-D

Phil