RE: Re: Windows Home Server - jesus!

You're right - the drives *ARE* NTFS formatted ... it threw me that the WHS
machine, when I remote desktopped into it, doesn't show the drives under
"My
Computer" at all.

If you pop a drive out of a WHS machine and into an XP or Vista machine
(and
enable "Show Hidden Files") then you'll see a hidden folder
called "DE" -
inside that you'll find the files that WHS stored on that drive.

I'm currently going through the 4 drives that I had in there, copying data
off them and back onto my desktop PC as I find it which is good that I've
not lost as much as I thought but it's *VERY* slow - not quite sure why
it's
as slow as it is.

There are definite downsides to throwing about all these huge wadges of
data
that we seem to be dealing with nowadays... :-(

Phil

Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109