RE: Alternative for Smarthome Video ProbeLinc

Thanks Marcus.

I'd forgotten about Frank's stuff.

I've managed to kludge something together by using one of those plug-in
power saver adaptors that I got free from Eon (the ones that are intended
switch off peripherals when you turn off your PC). The TV's plugged into
the
master socket. When HomeVision turns on the TV (via IR), the adapter turns
on a small 6v wall-wart that is connected into one of HV's ports. Turn the
TV off and 5 seconds later, the wall-wart turns off, too.

A bit Heath Robinson, but at least I've got things up-and-running again.

I use a similar scheme for my AV receiver, but that's got a mains output
socket which avoids the need for current sensing.

Cheers,

Steve