From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of pjqx
Sent: 26 April 2008 15:31
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] [OT] ADSL/Phone problem

Sorry about this, but as I know the wealth of wiring experience of this
list I thought I'd take a punt.

My ADSL goes screwy periodically - The Ping times are always fine, but
the number of uncorrected blocks reported by the Vigor page goes crazy
(like 50% of the blocks arriving are bad).  After a few days of
intensive swearing, and swapping components I have (I think) isolated
the problem.  The problem only seems to occur when there is a phone
plugged into the main house socket (the DSL is in the study on an
extension).  If there is only a microfilter plugged into the socket
there are no issues, but if a phone is plugged into the micofilter then
the manure enters the air conditioning.  I have tried different micro
filters and different phones, but the problem is repeatable - Anyone got
any ideas, or want to buy my house as I've had enough.

TIA

Tim.