Re: PIR, Panic Button, Sounder etc to be used with Comfort System

PIR's are available that have inbuilt microwave sensors too - such
that
you need both a heat and physical movement to create the alarm condition
- and hence tend to be more reliable.    I use this type myself.

I also saw mentioned on the Idratek list some PIR's that have three
zones and a dual output.  They provide two curtain zones down the wall
lengths (assuming they are in a corner) as well as the central room
zone. Importantly the zones dont overlap so these satisfy the new
regulations for dual sensor sequential confirmed alarms - should you go
for a monitored alarm at any stage.  These could have have HA
applications too in detecting room entry/exit.

*http://tinyurl.com/599afx*

Ben McCormack wrote:

> I think I need to turn this into a Blog!
>
> So comfort is the choice for alarm and I will probably purchase
> directly from Home
> Control, now this is fine for all of the Comfort parts but for the
> following I would like to
> ensure I am buying the best
>
> PIR - About 7 PIR Sensors for the house
> Panic Button - 3 Around the house
> Sounder - 2 on the outside of the house
> Door Contact - 3 outside doors and maybe 10-15 Windows
>
> So just trying to understand who is best in class for these items?
>
> As am example with the Door/Window contacts, I can see cheap ones at
> around £1 each
> but I have heard they can corrode over time.
> I can then find (http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
> <http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk>)
sensors for £3-£5 each, look much