PIR, Panic Button, Sounder etc to be used with Comfort System

  • Subject: PIR, Panic Button, Sounder etc to be used with Comfort System
  • From: "Ben McCormack" <yahoogroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 12:34:31 -0000

I think I need to turn this into a Blog!

So comfort is the choice for alarm and I will probably purchase directly
fr=
om Home=20
Control, now this is fine for all of the Comfort parts but for the
followin=
g I would like to=20
ensure I am buying the best

PIR - About 7 PIR Sensors for the house
Panic Button - 3 Around the house
Sounder - 2 on the outside of the house
Door Contact - 3 outside doors and maybe 10-15 Windows

So just trying to understand who is best in class for these items?

As am example with the Door/Window contacts, I can see cheap ones at
around=
=A31 each=20
but I have heard they can corrode over time.=20
I can then find (http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk)
sensors for =A33-=A35 =
each, look much=20
higher quality and some are Class III Environmental which suggests to me
be=
tter resistance=20
to corrosion.

Another thing that is confusing is the resistor values on alarm PIRs etc

When purchasing a PIR or megnetic contact I am given the following choices

Resistors	Colour	Code	Control Panel(s)
4K7 / 2K2	Red	(RD)	ADE - Bosch - Castle Care-Tech - Dycon - Menvier -
Pyron=
ix -=20
Scantronic - Texecom
1K / 1K		Green	(GN)	Galaxy
8K2 / 8K2	Blue	(BL)	Guardall
4K7 / 4K7	Grey	(GY)	Aritech - Pyronix
6K8 / 4K7	Purple	(PU)	Gardtec / Risco
2K2 / 2K2	Yellow	(YL)	Bosch - Europlex

What ones do I chose?

On the PIRs who makes the best PIR?

I am basically trying to ensure I purchase quailty components.

Regards
Ben