Re: PIR, Panic Button, Sounder etc to be used with Comfort System

  • Subject: Re: PIR, Panic Button, Sounder etc to be used with Comfort System
  • From: "Ben McCormack" <yahoogroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 13:55:41 -0000

Paul - These are the built into sensor type, so I will go for the 4K7
& 2K7=
.

Cheers

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gordon" <paul@...> wrote:

> Ben, Comfort uses 4K7 & 2K7 EOL resistors, and IIRC, a quantity of
each a=
re supplied=20
with the panel, so I think you can probably ignore the ones supplied with
t=
he sensors=20
(unless they're actually built-in to the sensor of course)
>=20
> Paul G.
>=20
Ben=20
McCormack
> Sent: 25 April 2008 13:35
> To: UKHA Group
> Subject: [ukha_d] PIR, Panic Button, Sounder etc to be used with
Comfort =
System
>=20
> I think I need to turn this into a Blog!
>=20
> So comfort is the choice for alarm and I will probably purchase
directly =
from Home=20
> Control, now this is fine for all of the Comfort parts but for the
follow=
ing I would like to=20
> ensure I am buying the best
>=20
> PIR - About 7 PIR Sensors for the house
> Panic Button - 3 Around the house
> Sounder - 2 on the outside of the house
> Door Contact - 3 outside doors and maybe 10-15 Windows
>=20
> So just trying to understand who is best in class for these items?
>=20
> As am example with the Door/Window contacts, I can see cheap ones at
arou=
nd =A31 each=20
> but I have heard they can corrode over time.=20
> I can then find (http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk)
sensors for =A33-=A3=
5 each, look=20
much=20
> higher quality and some are Class III Environmental which suggests to
me =
better=20
resistance=20
> to corrosion.
>=20
> Another thing that is confusing is the resistor values on alarm PIRs
etc
>=20
> When purchasing a PIR or megnetic contact I am given the following
choice=
>=20
> Resistors	Colour	Code	Control Panel(s)
> 4K7 / 2K2	Red	(RD)	ADE - Bosch - Castle Care-Tech - Dycon - Menvier -
Pyr=
onix -=20