Re: Sky+ UI

Mark McCall wrote:
>>> 2. Can't access Guide whilst recording two programs?
>>>
>> ? If you mean what I think you mean, we don't have a problem
>> doing this.
>>
> If I try and view the guide whilst recording two show it pops up
saying you
> can't do this?

Odd. I've not seen this pop up. I'll have to try next time we have two
recordings happening...

>> Correct. More annoyingly it dumps you at the earliest
>> recording. If you've upgraded to a 250Gb HD, have a lot of
>>
> Whats the story with upgrading the drive then?  Is it just a straight
swap?

More or less. Some drives work a lot better than others. Google knows
which. You can ever transfer recordings between drives now with
"copy+".

>> Also, the way it handles when you have two recordings
>> scheduled and you're watching a 3rd program live is mind
>> numbingly stupid. There's no "ok, just record the two
>> programs" option - it assumes you want to cancel one! You can
>> hit "back up" to cancel the box, and then we manually
select
>> one of the channels to be recorded (not sure what happens if
>> you just leave it at that point...)
>>
> I thought the UI would be a lot more mature than this by now.  It
makes you
> want to cry when you see how good UK TiVo Mk1 still is compared to
this
> thing.  What the hell are Sky playing at?

Laughing all the way to the bank I should think. It would be nice if Sky
could be forced to open up the sky+ system to 3rd party manufacturers...

Jim