Re: Sky+ UI

Mark McCall wrote:
> There was a recent deal in NI for Sky+ at £50 for the box and
£30
> installation and in a moment of weekness I caved.  Had it installed
> yesterday.  Quick play last night and already I'm disappointed.  Now,
I may
> be missing some stuff so please let me know if this is correct..
> 1. No bar along the bottom of screen during playback showing progress?

Sounds like a good thing to me... (If you press play while it's playing,
it'll tell you how far you are into the recording in minutes though).

> 2. Can't access Guide whilst recording two programs?

? If you mean what I think you mean, we don't have a problem doing this.

> 3. To access recordings requires going to TV Guide, then GREEN - no
quicker
> way?

Correct. More annoyingly it dumps you at the earliest recording. If
you've upgraded to a 250Gb HD, have a lot of programs scheduled to
record, and you're a bit slack watching stuff, it's a pain navigating to
the last few recordings.

> At the price it was good value, but compared to Media Centre and TiVo
the UI
> sucks big time.

Now try to find a particular program by name 3 days from now <opens
window to listen for scream>.

Also, the way it handles when you have two recordings scheduled and
you're watching a 3rd program live is mind numbingly stupid. There's no
"ok, just record the two programs" option - it assumes you want
cancel one! You can hit "back up" to cancel the box, and then we
manually select one of the channels to be recorded (not sure what
happens if you just leave it at that point...)

Jim