Re: Re: Remote Desktop & Consoles ...

Thanks Chris, my understanding is that XP Pro can only support one
user and
they are always logged into the onsole, whereas Win Server 2003 can support
multiple logged in (remote) users so there is then the choice on which is
on
the console.

I guess I should also investigate that the audio/printer etc sharing is
getting turned off correctly.

Cheers

David

On 9/15/07, Chris Hunter <cjhunter@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>   another:
>
> ... only one user at a time can control the desktop of a computer
> running Windows XP Professional. Is someone logs on locally to the
> remote computer, the remote session is immediately disconnected
> without warning to the users at either end ... the good news is that
> no data is lost ...
>
> Chris
>
> PS: ' obviously not up to speed on this, but am avidly digging into
> it all as & when I get a moment ...
>
> On 15 Sep 2007, at 08:10, Chris Hunter wrote:
>

> > ICIH ... some quotes from my MS Windows XP Inside Out tome ...
> >
> > MMC console can be run in author mode or in three varieties of
user
> > mode. Author mode gives you full access to MMC's menus &
> > options ... name.msc / a ... where name is the file name of the
> > console file.
> >
> > Many of the consoles supplied by Microsoft are set up to operate
on
> > the local computer by default, but - provided you have
appropriate