RE: Confused with Video distribution

Most importantly, what's your budget? There are many ways of doing
this.

What I've done is use a matrix A/V switcher (Extron MAV128) as the hub and
feed all the sources into this. The switcher is only composite with stereo
but that's plenty good enough for most standard TV's and smaller LCD's. The
longer distance feeds and outputs to the different rooms run via Cat5e
structured cabling and I use a pair of Keith Doxey's Kat5 units to
distribute the video and stereo signals through the Cat5. I also have a
variety of other kit including a component switcher with digital audio
capability. Signals are still fed by Kat5 units again as they can cope with
pretty much any signal as long as you have enough connections.

http://www.kat5.tv/

Cost isn't cheap though as I've spend a good few grand on all the kit so
far. As I said though, there are lots of other solutions but you will get
what you pay for.

Paul.