Re: Re: [OT] (A little) : Firewire cables...

> All this talk convinced me to go and buy a mac mini to use as a
server!

Cool - the PPC version I'm using has been obscenely stable!

> Phil - What OS are you running? I assume OS X but are you running the
> normal client version or server?

Standard fayre OSX as supplied with the unit when it was bought ... I just
use a program called "Sharepoints" to enable the publishing of
multiple
shares to the network. Remember that this is a simple file server ... not
doing anything funky with domains etc.

> I have just spent an evening installing server and I am debating the
> advantage in a small home network apart from geek factor.

:-D

Phil